$10 Dinner: Fish Mexicali
- 1 16 oz can fiesta/Mexican style corn -$1 at dollar store
- 1 16 oz can kidney beans - $1 at dollar store
- 4 pollock (whitefish) fillets from package of 6) - $2-package was $2.99 at supermarket
- 1 cup salsa - 1 8 oz jar - $1 jar at dollar store
- 1 cup shedded cheddar/Mexican style cheese - $1.50 - 1/2 package of cheese-$3/package at supermarket
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray dish with cooking spray. Place fish in bottom of casserole dish in single layer.
Drain and rinse beans. In separate bowl, mix corn, beans salsa and cheese. Cover fish with mixture.
Bake until fish is done and cheese is melted. (15-20 minutes)
Serve with bagged salad mix - 1/2 bag at $3/bag, and cornbread $1 box
Dinner and sides - Total $9
By Omanana from Buffalo. NY
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
July 21, 20080 found this helpful
We fixed this tonight, but we used Pictsweet frozen Mexican corn & black beans in place of the corn and beans.
I thought it was easy and delicious! I also mixed leftover corn into the corn muffins, makes the muffins a bit "bigger," tastier and more nutrious.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 11, 2016 at 6:10:09 PM on 10.0.1.5 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us