Cornmeal Salmon Patties

Ingredients

• 1 (14 3/4 oz.) canned salmon
  • 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
  • 1/4 cup cornmeal
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1 egg
  • 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise

Directions

Open salmon. Place salmon in mixing bowl and flake evenly with a fork. Add onion, corn meal, flour, mayonnaise, and egg. Stir until well blended. Shape the mixture into patties about the size of an average burger or less.I put flour on hands to keep it from sticking. Cook in oil in skillet over medium heat until browned on each side. Turn once while frying.

Note: The mayonnaise helps the patties hold their shape and keeps them from being too dry. May need to add more flour.

By Kathleen from Dothan, Al

I discovered if you chop up a small amount of bell pepper and mix it in with the ingredients, it gives the patties an even better taste! Try it and I'll bet you love it. I also change the cornmeal to crushed crackers.

Salmon Patty on a Plate
Salmon Patty Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes FishDecember 5, 2008
Smoked Salmon on Toast
Smoked Salmon Recipes
Cornmeal
Hot Cornmeal Cereal Recipes
2 Fried salmon patties with a wedge of lime and a cob of corn.
Fried Salmon Patties
rectangles of fried mush with garnish
Fried Cornmeal Mush Recipes
🎄