Weight LossHealth & Beauty

Losing Weight With Portion Control

Everyone is different, and being over weight does seem to run in families. The best advice I can give for losing weight, is that diets don't work; losing weight is a lifestyle issue. Weight has to do with what you put in your mouth and how many calories you are able to burn.

Some tips are: First, don't eat or drink anything called diet. Secondly, if you over-indulge don't punish yourself. Additionally, use 1 fist size for meats, 1 fist size for starchy, and 2 fist size for fruits and veggies.

If your just dying for a piece of chocolate cake or chips eat some, but reduce the size of the portion. If prior to trying to lose weight, you would sit down and eat a bag of chips, now get a small bowl or plate and put a fist sized portion on the plate and eat that and don't go back for more.

Using a smaller plate or bowl for meals also helps your mind think, your plate has plenty on it. This is especially helpful if you're the only one in the family watching your intake. Finally, have patience, it didn't take over night for you to put weight on, so it will take time to take it off. Good luck and happy eating.

By looneylulu from Ocean City, MD

Hi, This is exactly the way I lost 65 lbs., smaller plate and smaller portions. worked for me. No more weight loss clinics for me. I have kept it off for 4 years now. It works.

Barbara

This is what I have been trying to do, most of the time,it works for me. Once in a while, I flub up, but I'm not beating myself up for it. My hubby says,if you push yourself away from the table, sooner, then you won't gain weight. Thanks,for the tip. Weezy