Amish Friendship Sweet Bread in a Day

Does anyone have a recipe for the Amish friendship sweet bread where you don't have to wait the ten days, you can just make the bread in 1 day?

By Heather from Port Clinton, OH

Don't think they have 1, good luck.

Friendship Bread

1 cup oil

1 1/2 cup sugar

1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

3 large eggs

1/2 tsp. salt

2 tsp. cinnamon

2 1/2 cup flour

1/2 tsp. baking soda

3.5 oz. box vanilla instant pudding

1 1/2 tsp. baking powder

3/4 - 1 cup walnuts, chopped

1 1/4 cup milk

Sugar/Cinnamon Mix

1/3 cup sugar

1 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease two loaf pans.

Mix oil and sugar, add eggs and vanilla; beat. In separate bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients, including walnuts. Add dry mix alternately with milk until well blended.

Mix 1/3 cup sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon together in small bowl. In two greased loaf pans, sprinkle mix on the sides and bottoms of the pans. Save some to sprinkle on top of loaves.

Pour batter into prepared pans, sprinkle top of loaves with the sugar/cinnamon mix. Optional, sprinkle chopped walnuts on top. Bake for one hour or until tested done. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. May be served with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.

Freezes well; tightly wrap cooled loaves in plastic wrap, then in foil before freezing.

Note: I have read that you can substitute 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce for 1/2 cup of the oil. I have not tried this.

If someone has tried this substitute, please let us know how it turned out. Thanks.

I hope you have good results with your Amish bread in 1 day. I have always done the extended thing, but even if the flavor is a bit different, the result is bound to be good. Here is what i am responding to. I have replaced applesauce for all, or at the least, 3/4 of the oil called for in cake, muffin, and such recipes, with no loss of flavor, in fact our findings are that the flavor, moisture, and quality are improved. Try a chocolate cake that way, and you will never do one with the all oil, for sure.

We love the Amish Friendship Bread but I hate to do the ten day process and then deal with the starters, etc. I could not wait to try the Bread in a Day posted by mkymlp. I made it per her recipe except I did not put the nuts in this time, next time I will. It was excellent and people that tasted it asked if I had a starter I would share. It tasted as good as the ten day recipe! Thanks for sharing!

One Day Amish Friendship Bread
One Day Amish Friendship Bread Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Breads Sour DoughNovember 2, 2009
Friendship Mobile
Making a Friendship Mobile
Gluten free bread in a bread machine.
Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipes
Amish Peanut Butter Church Spread
Amish Peanut Butter Church Spread
White Bread
Amish White Bread Recipes
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 15, 2017 at 4:40:28 PM on 10.0.1.142 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.