One Day Amish Friendship Bread Recipes

Category Breads
One Day Amish Friendship Bread
This special bread for sharing generally takes more than one day for the yeast to develop. This page is about one day Amish bread recipes.

Anyone have a recipe for making Amish friendship bread in one day (no starter used)? I had a recipe (don't remember the source) for Amish friendship bread using vanilla instant pudding. This recipe is made the same day, not using any starter. Please help. I can't find my recipe and it was wonderful! Thank you friends.

By Bonnie B from Zion, IL

Best Answer

• 1 cup oil
  • 1 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 tsp.cinnamon
  • 2 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 3.5 oz. box of vanilla instant pudding
  • 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 3/4 -1 cup chopped pecans
  • 1 1/4 cup milk

Sugar/Cinnamon Mix

• 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
Oven 325 degrees. Grease 2 loaf pans.

Mix oil and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; beat.

Mix all dry ingredients together.

Add dry ingredients alternately with milk to the egg mixture until well blended.

Mix the 1/3 cup sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle mixture on sides and bottom of greased loaf pans, saving some to sprinkle on top of loaves.

Pour batter into pans, sprinkle tops with remaining sugar/cinnamon. Bake 1 hour or until tested done. Cool in pan 10 minutes. This freezes well.

Does anyone have a recipe for the Amish friendship sweet bread where you don't have to wait the ten days, you can just make the bread in 1 day?

By Heather from Port Clinton, OH

Don't think they have 1, good luck.

Friendship Bread

1 cup oil

1 1/2 cup sugar

1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

3 large eggs

1/2 tsp. salt

2 tsp. cinnamon

2 1/2 cup flour

1/2 tsp. baking soda

3.5 oz. box vanilla instant pudding

1 1/2 tsp. baking powder

3/4 - 1 cup walnuts, chopped

1 1/4 cup milk

Sugar/Cinnamon Mix

1/3 cup sugar

1 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease two loaf pans.

Mix oil and sugar, add eggs and vanilla; beat. In separate bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients, including walnuts. Add dry mix alternately with milk until well blended.

Mix 1/3 cup sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon together in small bowl. In two greased loaf pans, sprinkle mix on the sides and bottoms of the pans. Save some to sprinkle on top of loaves.

Pour batter into prepared pans, sprinkle top of loaves with the sugar/cinnamon mix. Optional, sprinkle chopped walnuts on top. Bake for one hour or until tested done. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. May be served with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.

Freezes well; tightly wrap cooled loaves in plastic wrap, then in foil before freezing.

Note: I have read that you can substitute 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce for 1/2 cup of the oil. I have not tried this.

If someone has tried this substitute, please let us know how it turned out. Thanks.

I hope you have good results with your Amish bread in 1 day. I have always done the extended thing, but even if the flavor is a bit different, the result is bound to be good. Here is what i am responding to. I have replaced applesauce for all, or at the least, 3/4 of the oil called for in cake, muffin, and such recipes, with no loss of flavor, in fact our findings are that the flavor, moisture, and quality are improved. Try a chocolate cake that way, and you will never do one with the all oil, for sure.

We love the Amish Friendship Bread but I hate to do the ten day process and then deal with the starters, etc. I could not wait to try the Bread in a Day posted by mkymlp. I made it per her recipe except I did not put the nuts in this time, next time I will. It was excellent and people that tasted it asked if I had a starter I would share. It tasted as good as the ten day recipe! Thanks for sharing!