Easy Homemade Guacamole

The easiest way to make guacamole is to mash ripe avocados, pitted and peeled, of course, with a potato masher to the consistency that you like. I like it a bit chunky. Add a spoonful or 2 of your favorite salsa, to taste. A squeeze of fresh lime juice is optional, but perks up the flavor. Make this the day of the fiesta.

By Linda from Vista, CA

well I never thought to use the potato masher

what a good idea. I will use this idea.

July 17, 2011 Flag
If you like heat in your guacamole, add one small seeded and finely diced jalapeno ;-)

• 2 large avocados, peeled, pitted, and mashed
  • 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely diced
  • 1/2 small tomato, seeded and finely diced
  • 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
  • 1/2 tsp. crushed garlic
  • salt and pepper, to taste

Stir together the avocado and lemon juice in a glass serving bowl, add the onion, tomato, cilantro, and garlic, mix well, season with the salt and pepper, and serve.

If you are not serving immediately, store in the refrigerator covered with a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the guacamole and then another piece around the top of the bowl to help keep it from turning brown. Some people swear by keeping an avocado seed in the center of the guacamole to help keep from browning, but I've never tried it.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

The seed does work. Another addition to guacamole is finely shredded or chopped lettuce and season with chili powder.

Yum! Love guacamole, I use a similar recipe. Thanks for the tip about the seed, I will definitely try that. :)

Great recipe. I must be an overachiever. I like more cilantro, more garlic and two shots of Cuervo (on the side).

Can't wait to try!

Fresh Guacamole
Guacamole Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes International Mexican SaucesMay 4, 2007
Avocados cut in half.
Using Avocados
Storing Guacamole
Storing Guacamole
Pastel swirled marshmallows in various shapes.
Making Homemade Marshmallows
An avocado cut in half.
Guacamole Salad Recipes