Fried Potato Curry

Curry that can be eaten with rice or roti.

• 4 medium potatoes
  • 1 medium onion chopped
  • 1 small tomato chopped
  • 1/2 water
  • Ad
  • 1 1/4 cup sunflower oil for frying
  • 1/2 tsp. masala
  • 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
  • 2 green chili
  • 1 Tbsp. coriander powder
  • 1 tsp. ginger and garlic paste
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • coriander leaves (cilantro) to garnish

Wash potatoes and boil in water. When cooked remove peel and slice. Heat oil and fry. When cooked, drain on paper towel and keep aside. Take 2 tablespoon of the hot oil and add the onion and fry till light brown.

Add the green chili and cook a little. Then add the dry spices and tomato and cook a little. Add the water, salt, ginger and garlic paste.

When cooked, layer the fried potato and simmer for a while. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with rice and pickles.

Servings: 4-5
Time:20 Minutes Preparation Time
25 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: homemade

By Dorty from SA

Dorti, I've finally accumulated all the spices you use to cook so will start trying your recipes now :-) This one sounds really good but can you tell me if I can substitute the coriander power with coriander seeds? (that's what I have on hand). Please let me know :-)

Deeli :-)

Deeli, I would just crush or grind the coriander seeds. I think that whole seeds wouldn't give off as much of the flavors. You could use a coffee grinder or an old fashioned mortar and pestle.

Let us know how it turns out, I've been interested in Dorty's recipes too.

Thanks Jess :-) I plan to make it some time this coming week and most definitely will let you and all know :-)

Hey Dorty and Jess! I forgot to tell you that I tried this recipe and it was yummy! Instead of slicing the potatoes I diced them and scooped from the plate with pieces of pita bread :-) No fork was even needed ;-)

Vegetable Curry
Vegetable Curry Recipes
Lamb curry in a pan with a side of white rice.
Lamb Curry Recipes
Fried ice cream.
Fried Ice Cream Recipes
Fried Dill Pickle Chip Recipes
Curry in Wooden Spoon
Removing Curry Stains