Chicken, Carrot and Potato Curry Recipe
Curry powder is used to transform basic ingredients into a flavorful and nutritious one pot meal. This guide contains a recipe for chicken, carrot and potato curry
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Full of deliciousness in one pot! Easy to make for a big family and affordable.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 4 people
- 1 Whole chicken
- 1 Bulb garlic
- 4 Stalk lemongrass
- 9 Klondike rose potatoes
- 1 Bag rainbow carrots
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Can coconut cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 gal water
- 1/2 yellow onion
- I used a whole chicken, clean well and cut into pieces.
- Wash, prep and cut all the ingredients (lemon grass, yellow onions, rose potatoes, rainbow carrots).
- In a large pan, add olive oil, garlic cloves and lemon grass. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces into the pan, sauté. Then add salt, sugar, curry powder and fish sauce.
- In another pan, add olive oil and stir fry the vegetables (potatoes and carrots) for 3 minutes on high heat. This method seals the vegetables from breaking into pieces when in the curry.
- In a large pot on high heat, add one gallon of water to boil. Add chicken in and cook for 15 minutes. When rapidly boiled, add the vegetables in and cook for 7 minutes.
- Then pour the coconut cream in a bowl and stir (because if you pour directly from the can it can be lumpy). Pour the coconut cream into the pot.
- Now add sliced yellow onions for finishing touches. Cover pot lid for 13 minutes. Scoop curry in a bowl and ready to enjoy.