3-Ingredient Chocolate Mousse
These days, more than ever, I am all about cooking and baking with what I have on hand. My husband really wanted chocolate mousse today, but I did not have enough butter, eggs, or heavy cream. I made this luscious chocolate mousse dessert with three ingredients: marshmallows, milk, and dark chocolate. I think you will find this really hits the spot!
Total Time: 10 minutes plus chill time
Yield: 4 servings
- 5 ounces marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Pour chocolate chips into a large heat-proof bowl. Place marshmallows and milk in a pot over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until the marshmallows fully dissolve. This will take between 5 and 7 minutes.
- Pour hot marshmallow milk on top of the chocolate chips. Allow to sit for 3 minutes.
- Whisk thoroughly until smooth. I like to add a pinch of salt here, but it's not necessary.
- Pour into serving cups. Place cups in fridge for a couple hours until firm. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!