Chocolate Mousse Recipes

Category Fancy
A creamy, rich dessert that is perfect for chocolate lovers. This page contains chocolate mousse recipes.

I found this recipe on the inside of a Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate wrapper and decided to make it. It is most definitely replacing the recipe I've always used before! It's a lot of work but if you want to have a truly luscious treat you simply must try it. The mousse that wasn't eaten the day of making (there's only myself and Rachel the Cat, who shouldn't eat chocolate, living in our home) kept really well in the refrigerator for two more days.

Directions:

Beat egg yolks in a small bowl on high speed until thick and lemon colored, about 3 minutes. Gradually add sugar then beat.

Heat one cup of whipping cream in a saucepan over medium heat just until hot (do not boil). Gradually stir half of the hot cream into egg yolk mixture then combine back into saucepan. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture is blended and thickens.

Let cool for 10 minutes, then add chocolate to mixture and stir until thick, about 5 minutes.

Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until just chilled. Beat remaining 1 1/2 cups whipping cream in chilled medium bowl on high until stiff.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

It is easy to make, very tasty, and has vitamins A, B and C.

Total Time: 10 minutes, plus chilling time

Yield: 6-8

Source: Jari Love newsletter

• 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
  • 2 cups cooked pumpkin (I used the canned)
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/3 cup maple syrup or agave nectar (I used the agave)

1. Melt the coconut oil over low heat.
  2. In a large bowl put the rest of the ingredients. I used a whisk to whip. You can also put it in a blender.
  3. Chill until ready to serve. I found that if I put the canned pumpkin in the refrigerator the day before, it was ready to eat a lot sooner.
  4. Ad

I also froze some of the mixture into popsicle molds, and it was very good. If you want to make popsicles, save a few cans of pumpkin for next summer, because canned pumpkin may not be available then.

This recipe is quick, easy, and absolutely delicious. I am a sucker for chocolate and this tasty treat makes for a perfect dessert after a fancy meal or evening. With Christmas quickly approaching, I thought it would be perfect for the season. We all want everything to look beautiful, as well as be simple, this time of year. That makes this recipe all that and a bag of potato chips! ;)

• 125 g (4 1/2 oz.) dark chocolate, chopped
  • 4 eggs, separated
  • 185 ml (3/4 cup) cream, whipped

Directions:

Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Bring a pan of water to a simmer, remove from the heat and place the bowl over the pan. (Don't let the base of the bowl touch the water!) Melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and cool slightly. Lightly beat the egg yolks and stir into the chocolate mixture. Fold in the cream.

Using electric beaters, whisk the egg whites in a small bowl until soft peaks form. (They'll start sticking up in the air, basically pointing at you, when you remove the whisk, that's how you know they're ready!) Fold one spoonful of the egg whites into the mousse with a metal spoon, then gently fold in the remainder, quickly and lightly. (I tell myself to be smooth with my motions and quick with my actions during this part. It helps me to do as the book calls 'quickly and lightly'.)

Pour the mousse into 6 wine glasses or 185 ml (3/4 cup) ramekins. (I like to use small cocktail glasses for smaller servings and the same, pretty effect.) Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.

Top with extra whipped cream and dust with cocoa powder, if desired. I like to dust every other one with coconut instead of cocoa powder. It gives you a nice color contrast when you bring out your dessert tray.

Nutrition Per Serving:
275 Calories; Protein 6 g; Fat 22 g; Carbs 15 g; Dietary Fiber 0 g; Cholesterol 160 mg

(My book gives me the nutritional information, so I thought you guys may enjoy having it, as well. Merry Christmas, all!)

Servings: 6
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 5 Minutes

Source: Comfort Food from Bay Book's Confident Cooking

By Chelle152 from Coquille, OR

This is very simple. No cooking and you can make it the strength or quantity you desire. Just take natural Greek style yoghurt, or any other non flavored yoghurt. Add cooking style cocoa powder. This has no added sugars at all. You can also add vanilla.

Simply mix it up in whatever strength you want. You do have to mix thoroughly because the cocoa powder seems to sit on the surface. You can make it a strong or weak chocolaty taste, getting your "chocolate fix" without the guilt. If it is a bit strong, you can always add a few drops of pure vanilla essence. That's it, simple!

Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and mix until mixture mounds softly. Spoon into dessert cups and place in freezer for 2 hours.

Spray 7 scallop shells or a 5 cup mold with nonstick spray. In small, heavy saucepan, melt chocolate; stir until smooth; remove from heat; stir in water until smooth. Add 4 egg yolks, one at a time, beating after each addition. . .