5 Layer Meal
I like this because it's an easy, tasty, one-dish meal!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- pepper, to taste
- 2 lg. potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup rice
- 2/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 1/2 cup tomatoes
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup water
- Brown ground beef and drain off fat.
- Add onions, cook until tender, stirring frequently.
- Add salt, chili powder, and pepper.
- Cover bottom of greased 1 1/2 qt. baking dish with potatoes; sprinkle rice evenly over potatoes.
- Spread browned beef and onions on top of rice.
- Add green peppers over beef mixture; add tomatoes.
- Pour ketchup and water (mixed together) over mixture.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
By Robin from Washington, IA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.