Hamburger Casserole Recipes

When I was a kid my mom and I put this recipe together. It's kind of a spin off of Hobo Dinner but made into a casserole instead.

• 1-2 lbs. hamburger
  • 1-2 medium onion, sliced
  • veggie(s) of you or your families liking (any amounts you of whatever you want or have on hand can be used.)
  • Potatoes, peeled and sliced (again there's not any certain amount needed or required here. Just however much you care to use or have on hand.)
  • Salt and pepper to taste, and /or whatever other seasoning(s) you like. I like to use onion powder on mine, because we like the flavor it gives. And I season each layer too.

Directions:

Preheat oven at 350 degrees F. Now choose whatever size of baking or casserole dish you care to make and spray the dish with pan spray.

Put the hamburger in the bottom, season it with salt and pepper and whatever seasoning of your choice. Put the sliced onion over the beef and season it also. Put the veggie of your choosing over the sliced onions. Now place a layer of sliced potatoes over the veggie(s); salt and pepper and use any other seasoning(s) of your choice.

Add as many layers or as many potatoes you want too. I like my potatoes here, so I usually put on about 2-3 layers. Make sure to season each layer. And if you like onion, you can also add more sliced onion between the potato layers if you want to. There's no certain amount of anything here. Just put however or whatever amount you want.

Bake it covered at 350 degrees F for about 1-1/2 hours, until the potatoes are tender. This is really handy to have made up and already baked, and cooled. Put in the freezer for those unexpected visitors or just a lazy night dinner, or if you just don't know what to make. My mom and I loved it. Enjoy!

Servings: 2-4 people
Prep Time: 30 minutes Minutes
Cooking Time: 1-1/2hrs Minutes

Source: I'm in my fifties now, but this recipe my mom and I put together when I was growing up, one night when we wanted everything all in one dish. This has been a favorite in my family for a lot of years now. And I hope others will enjoy too.

By Lesa from Fremont, NE

39 More Solutions

Put raw meat on bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Salt and pepper the meat. Mix croutons, margarine, onion, celery and water. Pour over meat. Mix soups; spread over the above. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.

This recipe has been made a number of times and I'm getting rave reviews for it! It is very family friendly and everyone always asks for the recipe.

We used to have this at a Family Camp that my family and I went to in the summer. Very tasty!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Chop and simmer onions, celery, margarine, and water. Pour that mixture over croutons; mix well. Pat meat in bottom of 9x13 inch pan.

Cook hamburger and chopped onion. Add garlic and onion salt to taste. Drain off grease. Add soup and 1/2 cup milk. Cook together briefly. In another pan, cook macaroni as directed. Drain.

A "comfort food" recipe that feeds a larger family. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Generously grease 13x9x2 inch baking dish.

Spread 1/2 lb. hamburger on bottom of baking dish. (Season.) Add a layer of potatoes and 1/2 of remaining vegetables. Add salt and pepper to each layer. Spread cabbage leaves over mixture.

Brown ground beef, onion, salt and pepper. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer or bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.

Brown 1 or 2 pounds of hamburger meat with 1 small to medium onion, chopped. Drain off excess grease. Return meat to pan on low heat. Add 1 can of cream of mushroom soup and 1 can of corn (drained).

I like the stewed tomatoes in this recipe. I think it gives it a great flavor!

I like this because it's an easy, tasty, one-dish meal!

This is a great, inexpensive one-dish meal.

Super easy to make and very hearty!

One of my favorite casserole recipes. Very kid-friendly and easy to make!

Love the oriental flavor to this dish.

Yummy casserole recipe!

It is easy and can be changed to what you have.

Cook and stir beef in shortening in skillet on medium heat, until red color is out (or skip shortening). Turn into a 2 qt. baking dish and add onion soup mix.

Load More
Food and Recipes Recipes CasserolesMay 29, 2012
🐰
🌻
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Hamburger-Casserole-Recipes.html