AdviceCrafts

Acrylic Water Made from a Kit Not Hardening

I made a few glasses using this kit from Walmart. It says it will take 24 to 48 hours to harden. Well it's been 3 weeks now and there are still some watery areas in the glass. This is for a wedding in 3 weeks. What can I do? It's sticky to the touch.

Best Answer

Is it this kit:

Floracraft Acrylic Water Kit 8oz?

You may want to call the company and get plan B if they can't help you. Is their contact info on the box?

These products are tricky and I have heard repeated complaints like yours. To me they always feel tacky, but they should not be watery.

There is a flora craft company in Michigan, but I don't know for sure if it is the same company that makes the FloraCraft Kits. Their number is 800-253-0409, so it can't hurt to ask if the box has no info.

Post back what you learn.

Best Answer

You may have to consider something else for the wedding as I feel sure there is no remedy for this. It is possible just one tiny/small change in the way the instructions read and your "way" would make a difference in the results but there is no way to tell this for sure.

The company may help you but it will be too late for this event.

I always suggest going to the big craft stores when wanting to try something like this as they can sometimes tell you if others have had problems with a particular product. They may even be able to tell you something about the product you tried and they are probably local and can answer questions in person.

Is it humid where you are? This could affect the hardening process. There should be customer service contact information on the package. I would contact them directly, since they are experts on their products.

Hi,

I agree that you should contact customer service for this and tell them the product is not working as it should. I would ask for a refund of the product as well. There should be some information on the box.

If you can post a picture of the box, we may be able to find any numbers you need to call to remedy this.

Blessings,

Robyn

These products are a hit or miss for some people. I would contact the company and ask them what can be done, or can you still get a refund because the product did not work as claimed? You'll have to find a different brand or alternative, as the wedding is right around the corner. Good luck!