MiscellaneousCollectibles

Age of a Singer Sewing Machine

I have an old Singer sewing machine s#166807 model #15ch. I would like to know when and where it was built?

Pictures would help. You can send the pictures to the customer service department at singer and they would know. You can do this online.

So from my memory...and Google confirmed some of what I remember, that you have to be very careful when IDing this machine, because there are knock offs that were made in China in the 1970s....imitating the old machines. If you have a repro machine, it should have a made in China marking somewhere VERY SMALL, maybe on the bottom or on the inside.

Google the model number and you will get a ton of hits so you can read it all and see if the photos and descriptions match what you have.

Hopefully you will have one of the true older machines.

Post back what you learn!