MeatloafRecipes

Air Fryer Glazed Meat Loaf

I love making meat loaf in my air fryer. It comes out super moist, yet incredibly lean, with all the fat drippings going to the drip tray. It also cooks very quickly, so it makes for an awesome last minute meal. You don't need to put this inside a pan before putting in the air fryer, just mold it into the basket. It will shrink as it cooks, so getting it out is a breeze.

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 30 minutes

Total Time: 40 minutes

Yield: 4 servings

1. In a bowl, mix together bread crumbs and beef broth until well combined.
  2. Stir in carrots, garlic, and onion powder.
  3. Stir in ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
  4. Stir in the egg, then incorporate the meat. Use your hands to mix it all together until nicely combined.
  5. Heat air fryer to 390 F. Press meat loaf mixture into basket using a big spoon. Even out the top nicely. Place in fryer and set to cook for 30 minutes.
  6. While it's cooking, in a bowl, mix together the ketchup, mustard, brown sugar and garlic powder.
  7. When air fryer shows 5 minutes left on cook timer, pull out the basket and spread the glaze on top of the meat loaf. Cook again until timer goes off.
  8. Remove from fryer and allow to cool a bit. Use two big spoons to remove the meatloaf. Slice and serve.

I've always used oatmeal instead of bread crumbs to increase fiber and nutritional value. The larger grains result in a coarser texture, but you can always grind the oatmeal in a food processor to make it more like bread crumbs.

I always use oatmeal in meatloaf but have never thought of grinding it. Thanks!

I think I'll have to try the ground one too!

Food and Recipes Recipes MeatloafSeptember 11, 2019
📓
🎂
🌻