Alaska Photos

Category Travel
Visiting the northern state of Alaska gives you the opportunity to photograph incredible scenery and wildlife. This page contains Alaska photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

I had the pleasure of going on vacation in Alaska several years ago, and fell in love with it. This particular day we were hiking and it was gloomy. To me this looked so serene with the wildflowers in the foreground, the rocks and the mountains all in one.

Wildflowers in foreground.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9

I sat on the shore and watched these three tugs turn an oil tanker around so it could dock at the Alyeska Pipeline terminal at Valdez, Alaska. It was amazing to watch. The whole state of Alaska has awesome, amazing scenery.

By Jacque

Tugboats in Alaska

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 12

I took this picture last July as were landing at Anchorage, Alaska

By Jan from Springfield, MM

Looking down on snowy mountains.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

While vacationing in Alaska this July, I ran across this gorgeous columbine growing wild in the edge of a friend's garden.

CPurple and White Columbine Flower in Alaska

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

This is a photo of the area where my son lives, Anchorage, Alaska. To be specific, he is in the Air Force and lives on Elmendorf AFB.

From his other photos he sends, you can see that the natural beauty of Alaska is breathtaking.

Body of water.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

I took this picture in Alaska's Glacier Bay this past July. Just looking at it makes my imagination go....

Comment Like this photo? Yes

Alaska has many magnificent glaciers. This particular glacier is the Menedenhall Glacier. It is located in the Tongass National Forest. The forest is a temperate rainforest.

This means that they get as much rainfall as a tropical rainforest, but the temperature is lower, so they don't get the lush vegetation.

A waterfall from a glacier in Alaska.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1
Travel and Recreation TravelMarch 22, 2014
🎄
🎉

Generated 2019-12-13 15:20:43 in 948 msecs. ⛅️️ ⚡️