SubstitutionsFood Tips

Alternative for Unsweetened Kool-Aid Powder in Recipes

I am trying to find a dry powder flavor replacement for unsweetened Kool Aid in my recipe mixes. They need to have a dry powder flavor component like the Kool Aid flavors because I make these mixes and then store them in the pantry.

I do not want to serve up a bunch of chemicals and colorants that are bad for people. I have searched the internet endlessly and cannot find anything.

Not only do I want to replace it for drinks, but I also make non-processed food mixes, like cereals, to save time and money. All the recipe mixes call for flavoring with Kool Aid. My son is highly allergic to the dyes, but I have got the dye replacements already figured out :) I just need help with dry flavorings. I am also looking for dry powder replacements for Tang and lemonade mixes.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

By 21st Century Simple Living from Eastern TN