SmoothieBeverages

Amazing Greens Smoothie

One of my favourite smoothies from Jamba Juice used to be Amazing Greens, consisting of lemonade, peach juice, peaches, kale, bananas, and pumpkin seeds. Two things really put me off from buying it again. One was that a large serving has 92 grams of sugar, coming from all the added sugars in the lemon and peach juices. The other is that it cost $9 a cup. Crazy! Here is how I make it at home, just as large (although I split it in two), with no refined sugar, a total of 24 grams of sugar, at a tiny fraction of the price.

I keep chopped frozen bananas and peaches in my freezer. I buy them fresh and chop and seal them up myself as it's cheaper. I wash and dry the peaches well and keep the skins on for added fiber.

Total Time: 5 minutes

1. Place all ingredients in a blender, then add about 6 ounces of water. You can add more or less depending on how thick you want it.
  2. Puree until super smooth, and serve immediately.