Green Smoothie Recipes

Category Smoothie
Get healthy greens into your diet with a simple and delicious green smoothie. This page contains a green smoothie recipe.

One of my favourite smoothies from Jamba Juice used to be Amazing Greens, consisting of lemonade, peach juice, peaches, kale, bananas, and pumpkin seeds. Two things really put me off from buying it again. One was that a large serving has 92 grams of sugar, coming from all the added sugars in the lemon and peach juices. The other is that it cost $9 a cup. Crazy! Here is how I make it at home, just as large (although I split it in two), with no refined sugar, a total of 24 grams of sugar, at a tiny fraction of the price.

I keep chopped frozen bananas and peaches in my freezer. I buy them fresh and chop and seal them up myself as it's cheaper. I wash and dry the peaches well and keep the skins on for added fiber.

Total Time: 5 minutes

Green Smoothie in glass

• 2/3 frozen banana
  • 1 frozen peach
  • 1 cup chopped kale
  • 2 Tbsp raw pumpkin seeds
  • 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
  • 1 tsp fresh grated lemon zest
  • 1 tsp stevia (optional)
ingredients

1. Place all ingredients in a blender, then add about 6 ounces of water. You can add more or less depending on how thick you want it.
  2. ingredients in blender
  3. Puree until super smooth, and serve immediately.
  4. Green Smoothie in blender

We all hear it - we must have an acutely large serving of fruits and veggies a day!! But who really wants to, especially considering the possibly inversely proportionate ratio of effort expended to taste? Nobody! So, the thing to do is to have lots of smoothies!

This is a smoothie I present here that is a very personal variation of many one can see online, and it is a personal favourite. It's tasty even for veggie haters! It is also vegan/raw for those who are monitoring such things.

Total Time: 1.5

Yield: 64oz

• 16 oz Water ($free)
  • 8 oz Almond or Soy Milk ($50cents)
  • 8 units Banana ($1.50)
  • 8 units Dates ($2)
  • 2 tsp Ginger Powder OR ($50cents)
  • 1 oz Ginger Root ($20cents)
  • 1/2 cup Coconut Powder (optional) ($50cents)
  • 2 cups raw Swiss Chard or Spinach ($1)
  • 1/2 cup raw Cilantro ($25cents)
  • 1/2 cup raw Mustard Greens ($50cents)

1. Chop up bananas into halves and make sure dates are de-pitted. Wash greens; then chop up to a manageable size. Cut up ginger if using ginger root.
  2. measure out all remaining ingredient, and blend - generally start with the greens so as to ensure they are as pureed as possible - then add dates, bananas, and finally everything else
Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

There are numerous recipes for making a detox smoothie. They typically contain green veggies and sometimes fruit in addition to other ingredients. This page contains a detox smoothie recipe.

Detox Smoothie In Jar with Straw

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

A delicious protein rich, green smoothie to enjoy for breakfast or lunch. This page contains avocado yogurt cucumber smoothie recipe.

Avocado Yogurt Cucumber
Smoothie

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This page contains spinach smoothie recipes. The rather neutral taste of spinach makes it a perfect ingredient for your next green smoothie.

Green smoothie next to a bowl of fresh spinach leaves on a wooden table

Food and Recipes Recipes Beverages SmoothieJuly 13, 2018
🎃
🌻
🎂