Apartment Neighbor's Dog Pooping Near Cars

I have upstairs neighbors that let their dogs poop in the driveway along the side and behind the cars. I told the landlord and he won't not do anything. I called the dog warden and they would do nothing because it is in the yard not on the side. I called legal aid and told landlord what they said and still he still did nothing. What can I do now?

Basically you have done what you can and contacted all the right people. I would talk with them and if they are not willing to pick up after their dog. The only thing you have left to do is to pick up the poop and put it in front of their door. They have poop bags and you can try and give them the hint and pick upt the poop in the bag and then leave a few for them to use and see how it goes.

Kindness goes a long way. Have you tried approaching the neighbor and asking to help you understand why this particiular spot is where they choose to let the dog poop. I try to start these kind of discussions with the phase, please help me understand...

Is it the only spot on the property that is lighted and they feel safer there at night?

Is it the only spot where the dog is not being threatened by neighboring dogs barking?

Are they elderly and that is as far as they can walk?

There has to be a reason. Even if the reason is I do it because it p***s everyone off...that is a reason...not a nice one, but a reason.

When you have information you can try to find solutions.

Post back with an update.

You have done all you can. If the landlord will do nothing, you can either put up with it or sue the landlord.

You could sprinkle regular black pepper in the spot where they've previously pooped. Do not use red pepper; the dogs could be injured.

But, I also agree with the advise of talking to the neighbors in a non-threatening manner to find out why they allow the dogs to poop there and not pick it up.

Home and Garden Pest Control DogsOctober 28, 2019
🎄
🍂

DogsPest Control