Apple Banana Bread Recipes
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 293 Posts
September 24, 2015
Read More Comments
I like to add as many fruits to my baked goods as I can. This is chock full of bananas and apples, with crunchy peanut butter and pecan topping. Spread a little butter on your slice and enjoy. My kids went bonkers for it!
Total Time: 20 minutes prep? 50-60 minutes baking.
Yield: 2 loaves
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 bananas
- 1 medium yellow apple
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 4 Tbsp cane sugar
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- Add your oil, sugar and eggs to a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Blend your bananas well with a hand mixer. Add them to your egg mixture.
- Chop your apple about this size and add to bowl.
- Combine your flour, soda and salt in another bowl. Mix well and add your liquid mixture to this, along with your vanilla.
- Grease your pans with coconut oil.
- Spread batter evenly in pans.
- Combine all of your topping ingredients and mix well.
- Drop evenly over your batter.
- Bake in a *350 degree F oven for 50-60 minutes. Enjoy!
3 More Solutions
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
May 6, 2019
This is a delicious cross between a nutty banana bread and a silky apple pie that contains no eggs. I came up with this because I went away for several days and came back to extra ripe bananas, apples, and a fridge with no eggs.
I added the walnuts to the top instead of mixing it in the batter so it was more of a crust layer that added to the apple pie qualities. If you use a nut or coconut milk, this will be vegan. Enjoy!
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 390 Posts
April 25, 2011
Grease and flour the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan; set aside. In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg.Read More...
Using applesauce in this bread to make it more moist since I used half whole wheat flour and half white flour.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.