Are These Termites?

Yesterday, I was taking my dogs into the backyard when I saw this, whatever this is all over the outside walls and windows. I kept hosing them off only to come back an hour later to see them there like nothing happened. Now they're getting inside and they bite me whenever they fall on me. Please identify and if there's a cheaper way to get rid of them then an exterminator, then let me know.

Termites dont look like this. They have a slimmer body and have wings.

Not termites for sure but there are so many types of bugs that fit this description that it is difficult to identify one bug.

• Some may say these are Springtails but I think the Springtail has a slimmer body.
  • I would suggest that you put several bugs in several zip lock bags so you can take them to several places to see if anyone can help you with a name and a "killer" solution.
  • First place to try should be your county extension office or your agriculture agency as they will be very familiar with what types of bugs are in your area.
  • Check this site to find an office in your area.
  • www.pickyourown.org/countyextensionagentoffices.htm
  • Other places to ask for help would be garden centers but some have knowledgeable people but most do not as most are just regular employees in the store.
  • Advertisement

• You might try Ace Hardware, True Value Hardware, Lowe's, Home Depot, or any full garden center.
  • I have several sites that have good photos of bugs in general where you may be able to find your bug but it will take some time and patience to research.
  • labs.russell.wisc.edu/.../
  • www.google.com/search?q=bug+photos&hl=en&qscrl=1...

defo a termite would not bite you, per se

common methods for getting rid of bugs are

- deep scouring, cleaning, and throwing out any old refuse, junk, rotting wood, water collecting places - anywhere they may have nests
- diatomaceous earth is good against many hard shelled insects
- some say that spraying with a tobacco mix (IE soaking a cigarette in a gallon of water, letting it 'sun bake' and spraying them- BEWARE concentrated tobacco is highly toxic)

- borax/boric acid is also good

Home and Garden Pest Control BugsMay 15, 2018
📓
🐛
😎
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Are-These-Termites.html