ShavingHair Tips

Asking My Mom to Shave

I am 13 about to be 14. I want to ask my mom to let me shave, but I always back out. I'm a shy girl so I get really nervous. When we go to a party or anything else I always wear jeans. Even in summer, I'm always afraid of wearing shorts in summer, because I'm afraid of people talking about my legs.

I wore shorts one time and I felt comfortable, but then my aunts told me to start shaving. So I felt uncomfortable. Then I found out that my cousin is shaving, most of them are. So I always feel uncomfortable when they start talking about their legs and about shaving. I just move away.

I have a big problem, in a like 1 week or less, I'm going to an 8th grade promotion. I really want to wear a dress, but I'm to shy. What should I do?

If you are at the age that the hair on your legs and under your arms is starting to become thicker/coarser, it's time to start. Maybe your Mom is waiting for you to say something to her! Tell her you think it's time and ask her opinion and advice. Your "biggest problem" is: Don't cut yourself! :)

Tell your mom you need her to teach you to shave. Most moms would rather teach their daughters how to shave than have someone else teach them. Tell her one of your cousins will probably teach you if she doesn't want to. I'll bet she'd rather do it herself.