Atsara (Papaya Relish) Recipe
Papaya Relish is called "atsara" in my local language. Papaya is the main ingredient and here's how it's made.
- 1 cup grated fresh green papaya
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1/3 cup ginger, cut into thin strips
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- Grate the papaya and the carrot. Mix them together.
- Meanwhile, boil a cup of vinegar in medium heat.
- Fill jar with layers of ginger, bell pepper and the mixture of papaya and carrot.
- Add the sugar and a pinch of salt to taste.
- Half fill the jar with boiled vinegar and shake well. Best served when chilled.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.