Bacon Brussels Sprouts Recipes

Category Vegetables
Even if you think you don't like brussels sprouts this tasty dish might change your mind. This is a page about bacon brussels sprouts recipes.

The reason why the word "best" is in the recipe is because this dish always converts the brussels sprouts naysayers by first bite. Deconstructing the sprout by serving it in loose leaf form helps those who compare the little vegetable to "mushy alien heads." Mushy alien heads? Yes! That's what I called them for 28 years! Now, cooked properly, I absolutely adore them. And guess what? This recipe has only three ingredients and takes 10 minutes to make. I have served this at Thanksgiving dinner numerous times and even the little ones loved it. Give it a shot!

Total Time: 10 minutes

Yield: 4 sides

• 6 large brussels sprouts (or 8 mediums)
  • 2 strips of bacon
  • 5 walnuts
  • salt, pepper, and optional sprinkle of sugar to taste

1. Cut little cone/triangle shapes from the bottoms of the sprouts.
  2. Advertisement

3. Pull off the individual leaves off sprouts and collect in bowl/plate.
  4. Chop bacon into tiny cubes and render in a pan on medium heat until crispy.
  5. Remove bacon from pan and let rest on paper towel. Leave bacon drippings in pan and add brussels sprouts leaves. Cook for about 5 minutes.
  6. If you like your brussels sprouts on the softer, more wilted side, add a teaspoon of water to the pan and cover with lid, cook for an extra minute. I like mine crispy so I don't really do this ;)
  7. Advertisement

8. Chop nuts and add to sprouts. Stir well, add bacon back in. Season with salt and pepper to taste. You wont need much because of the bacon. Sprinkle in a tiny bit of sugar to pull out the caramelized notes, if you like. I do! Serve up and enjoy!

Food and Recipes Recipes VegetablesMay 19, 2016
🐛
😷
😎
📓
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Bacon-Brussels-Sprouts-Recipes.html