Baked Banana Oatmeal Cups
Very easy to make, and they freeze well. A healthy breakfast for a workday morning. I didn't have the chocolate chips, so I eliminated them, but I'm sure they would be even better if I had added them.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar ( I used 1 T Truvia brown sugar blend)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups milk
- 2 Tbsp mini chocolate chips ( I left out)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Liners are not recommended, as they will make the muffin too moist.
- In a large bowl combine oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl whisk together mashed bananas, oil,eggs and vanilla until well combined. Whisk in milk.
- Pour milk mixture over oat mixture and stir well to combine. This batter is more liquidity than you may be used to. Don't worry.
- Use a ladle to fill the prepared muffin cups all the way to the top. Try to make sure there is an even distribution of oats and liquid.
- Sprinkle the tops with chocolate chips and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until set and just lightly brown on the edges.
- Allow to cool completely before taken out of muffin tins.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.