Baked Oatmeal Recipes

Category Breakfast
Baked oatmeal with added ingredients such as dried fruit and nuts, makes a substantial, convenient breakfast meal. This page contains baked oatmeal recipes.

This is from the Quaker Oats website and had terrific reviews. I need a quick breakfast in the morning. This makes 6-8 portions. It can be eaten warm or cold. Refrigerate if not eaten that day. It reheats well in the microwave. I am sure it can be frozen as well.

I used Equal instead of white sugar and Truvia brown sugar blend instead of brown sugar. I also used my whey from yogurt making to replace part of the milk.

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 50 minutes

Total Time: 1 hour and 5 minutes

Yield: 6-8

Source: Quaker Oats website

• 2-1/4 cup Old Fashioned Oats, uncooked
  • 1/3 cup white sugar
  • 3 1/3 cup milk
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar

1. Heat oven to 350º F. Spray 8-inch square glass baking dish with cooking spray.
  2. Ad

3. In large bowl, combine oats and sugar.
  4. In medium bowl, combine milk, eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
  5. Add to oat mixture. Mix well.
  6. Pour into baking dish.
  7. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until center jiggles slightly.
  8. Remove from oven to cooling rack. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over top of oatmeal, and press sugar into the oatmeal with the back of a spoon.
  9. Return to oven and bake just until sugar melts; about 2 to 3 minutes. Set oven to broil. Broil 3 inches from heat until sugar bubbles and browns slightly, 1 to 2 minutes, making sure sugar doesnt burn. Spoon into bowls to serve.

I love to have pre-made breakfasts because I work full-time and leave early. I love blueberries and oatmeal, so I knew I had to try this one. I left out the nuts, because I didn't have any. The website offers many substitutes for various ingredients. Keeps covered in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 42-45 minutes

Total Time: 52-55 minutes

Yield: 6-8

Link: https://cookieandkate.com/2016/baked-oatmeal-recipe/

• 2/3 cup chopped pecans
  • 2 cups old-fashioned oats
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3 Tbsp melted unsalted butter or coconut oil, divided
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 12 oz fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
  • 2 tsp sugar (optional)

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch square baking dish.
  2. Ad

3. If using nuts, pour onto a rimmed baking sheet. Toast for 4 to 5 minutes, until fragrant.
  4. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the oats, nuts, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Whisk to combine.
  5. In another mixing bowl, combine the milk, maple syrup or honey, egg, half of the butter or coconut oil, and vanilla. Whisk until blended.
  6. Reserve ½ cup of the berries for topping the baked oatmeal. Place the remaining berries evenly over the bottom of dish.
  7. Ad

8. Cover the fruit with the dry oat mixture, then pour the wet ingredients evenly over the oats. Tilt the baking dish to make sure the milk moves down through the oats, then gently pat down any dry oats resting on top.
  9. Place the remaining berries across the top. Sprinkle some sugar on top if you'd like.
  10. Bake for 42 to 45 minutes, until the top is nice and golden. Remove your baked oatmeal from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
  11. Ad

12. Pour the remaining melted butter on the top before serving.

Not only is baked blueberry banana oatmeal hearty and nutrient dense, it tastes really good. I double the recipe and freeze half in single serving portions for quick breakfasts on the run.

This is handy to bake in a crock pot. This method works best if started before you go to bed. This way your oatmeal will be finished by morning.

Very hearty, healthy recipe! Especially good on cold mornings!

Videos

This a delicious and nutritious breakfast recipe. Check out this video and learn how to make it.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Food and Recipes Recipes BreakfastMay 7, 2014
🎂
🌻
📓