Baked Oatmeal

This is from the Quaker Oats website and had terrific reviews. I need a quick breakfast in the morning. This makes 6-8 portions. It can be eaten warm or cold. Refrigerate if not eaten that day. It reheats well in the microwave. I am sure it can be frozen as well.

I used Equal instead of white sugar and Truvia brown sugar blend instead of brown sugar. I also used my whey from yogurt making to replace part of the milk.

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 50 minutes

Total Time: 1 hour and 5 minutes

Yield: 6-8

Source: Quaker Oats website

1. Heat oven to 350º F. Spray 8-inch square glass baking dish with cooking spray.
  2. In large bowl, combine oats and sugar.
  3. In medium bowl, combine milk, eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
  4. Add to oat mixture. Mix well.
  5. Pour into baking dish.
  6. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until center jiggles slightly.
  7. Remove from oven to cooling rack. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over top of oatmeal, and press sugar into the oatmeal with the back of a spoon.
  8. Return to oven and bake just until sugar melts; about 2 to 3 minutes. Set oven to broil. Broil 3 inches from heat until sugar bubbles and browns slightly, 1 to 2 minutes, making sure sugar doesnt burn. Spoon into bowls to serve.

I tried this recipe today and it is very good. Thanks for taking the time for all the pictures and submitting this recipe.

I'm glad it worked out for you! I cut the sugar quite a bit, as I don't like it that sweet.

I pressed the brown sugar through my vegetable strainer and was able to sprinkle it on evenly. It was like I sifted it but I don't know if you can sift brown sugar. Never tried it. I didn't use all of the brown sugar. My husband likes it too. I'm going the freeze some for us to have later.

I'm keeping this on hand, frozen in serving sizes. I have made it twice. The second time I made it, I added 1 cup unsweetened applesauce, 1/2 cup chopped pecans and 1/2 cup flaked coconut.

Judy, I hope you win!!

Thanks so much! I make it a lot. I use the whey from my yogurt making in place of milk.