Baked Blueberry Oatmeal

I love to have pre-made breakfasts because I work full-time and leave early. I love blueberries and oatmeal, so I knew I had to try this one. I left out the nuts, because I didn't have any. The website offers many substitutes for various ingredients. Keeps covered in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 42-45 minutes

Total Time: 52-55 minutes

Yield: 6-8

Link: https://cookieandkate.com/2016/baked-oatmeal-recipe/

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch square baking dish.
  2. If using nuts, pour onto a rimmed baking sheet. Toast for 4 to 5 minutes, until fragrant.
  3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the oats, nuts, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Whisk to combine.
  4. In another mixing bowl, combine the milk, maple syrup or honey, egg, half of the butter or coconut oil, and vanilla. Whisk until blended.
  5. Reserve ½ cup of the berries for topping the baked oatmeal. Place the remaining berries evenly over the bottom of dish.
  6. Ad

7. Cover the fruit with the dry oat mixture, then pour the wet ingredients evenly over the oats. Tilt the baking dish to make sure the milk moves down through the oats, then gently pat down any dry oats resting on top.
  8. Place the remaining berries across the top. Sprinkle some sugar on top if you'd like.
  9. Bake for 42 to 45 minutes, until the top is nice and golden. Remove your baked oatmeal from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
  10. Ad

11. Pour the remaining melted butter on the top before serving.

I'll have to try this. I love oatmeal.

Looks very good!

Lasted 6 days in fridge. I am sure it freezes well too.

how much maple syrup or honey?

1/3 cup