Saving Money On Oatmeal

I am not my sharpest in the morning and I can use all the help I can get to start off with a healthy breakfast. I put together oatmeal and delicious ingredients into a mason jar in the refrigerator at night. It's a quick, healthy breakfast.

I think it tastes better than just cooked oatmeal too but without any pots and pans to clean up or the tons of additional sugar of those instant oatmeal packages. Great when you are crunched for time to get to work or school too!

Total Time: 2 minutes

Yield: 1 serving/can be multipled

• 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • Optional
  • sprinkle of chia or flax seeds
  • blueberries, favorite fruit, raisins, nuts

1. Mix all ingredients together, cover with lid and shake until combined.
  2. Refrigerate overnight.
  3. In the morning, I have it cold or drop it in the microwave for 1 minute. I unscrew the plastic cap so it isn't tightly closed.

3 More Solutions

Oatmeal is a wonderful staple and great to have on hand for breakfast or baking. Here are some tips for saving money on oatmeal. Feel free to share you own.

A bowl of oatmeal.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

If you're on a time crunch and need to cool your oatmeal faster, you can add frozen fruits like strawberries, or blueberries. This will help cool your oatmeal faster while saving time!

Oatmeal with frozen blueberries added.

This is a page about homemade oatmeal recipes. A hearty breakfast cereal that can be enhanced in many delicious ways with fruits, nuts, spices and dairy.

oatmeal with strawberries and blueberries

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Consumer Advice Shopping Grocery ShoppingJune 3, 2012
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Saving-Money-On-Oatmeal-1.html