Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cups
These delicious and healthy breakfast cups are perfect for someone who needs to eat breakfast on the run. They are moist in the middle with a crunchy white chocolate topping. Somewhere in between a bowl of oatmeal and a muffin.
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 17 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups milk
- mini white chocolate chips for topping
- (optional) dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a seperate bowl mix wet ingredients, stirring the milk in last.
- Add the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients. Stir well. The mixture will be really soupy and that is okay.
- Grease muffin tins.
- Scoop mixture into the muffin tins, making sure that there is a good mix of wet and dry in each tin. These will not puff up much so you can fill them pretty full.
- Add a layer of mini white chocolate chips to the top. At the request of my 4 year old I also added dried cranberries to some of them. Although I much prefered them without.
- Cook for 17-22 minutes.
- Let cool a bit in the tins before placing on a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in the fridge.
- To eat you can warm up in the microwave for 30 second or enjoy them cold.
The recipe is based off of this one.
CommentsRead More Comments
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Very easy to make, and they freeze well. A healthy breakfast for a workday morning. I didn't have the chocolate chips, so I eliminated them, but I'm sure they would be even better if I had added them.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.