Baked Chicken Chimichanga Recipe
Make this delicious baked chicken chimichanga and time you crave a south of the border style meal. This page contains baked chicken chimichanga recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
December 29, 2014
I adapted this recipe from an old Cooking Light recipe. I love it but made a few changes. It's my go-to recipe. It's a great recipe for using up left over chicken. My whole family will eat it, too!
Total Time: About 10-15 minutes assembling. 10 minutes to bake.
Yield: 6 servings
Source: Cooking Light magazine
- 2 1/2 cup shredded, roasted chicken (I use leftovers from split chicken breasts, whole chicken, etc).
- 1 cup cheddar cheese*
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 4.5 oz. can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 16 oz. can refried beans
- 6 8 inch flour tortillas
- olive oil or cooking spray
- Toppings: sour cream and salsa verde
*The original recipe calls for queso fresco, but I rarely have that on hand.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spread 1/4 cup beans down center of tortilla. Top with 3/4 cup chicken mixture. Roll up like a burrito. Place rolls seam down on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray or olive oil.
The original recipe says to coat the chimichangas with cooking spray. I prefer to use my pastry brush and brush some olive oil all over the tortilla. But, either way works!
- Bake at 500 degrees F for 7 minutes, or until brown and crispy.
- Serve with salsa verde and sour cream, or however you like it!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.