Baked Mackerel Patties

I use mackerel just as I do salmon to make mackerel patties. I add rosemary to my recipe, I sprinkle just a few fresh bristles (6-10) on top. It is also good in the oven, instead of frying mackerel patties, I bake them.

1. I add the whole can of mackerel and juice, egg, cornmeal and a little water and mix with a wooden or plastic spoon.
    Onions and rosemary are optional.
  2. Make the batter for the mackerel patties like you do your cornbread, but thick like a biscuit mix. Spoon on a baking sheet (spray sheet with Pam). Flatten it with the spoon lightly.

Hint* Spray your spoon or dip it in warm water so it doesn't stick to spoon.
  3. I bake it in the oven like my cornbread, until golden brown.
  4. When it cools, I dip mine in mustard. Gosh, I wish I had a couple now!

You didn't say what temperature or time to cook these patties I. I used 400 degrees and about 20 minutes. Tasty.