Side DishesRecipes

Baked Sauerkraut and Tomatoes

This dish is so good, and goes great with meat and potatoes. When I bake chicken, beef or pork in the oven, I prepare this dish. I bake it at the same time as it takes about 2 hours to cook. It's great to cook ahead and have plenty of leftovers to have later.

Total Time: 2 hours

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Cut bacon into small pieces. Chop onion. Saute and drain off grease.
  3. Mix with sauerkraut, tomatoes and sugar. Do not drain tomatoes and sauerkraut.
  4. Pour into baking dish and bake on 350 degrees F for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until slightly firm.
  5. Enjoy!

I've never seen anything like this. It sounds/looks so good! I'm going to give it a try. Thanks for posting!

I also have never seen this. I just recently bought some sauerkraut, can't wait to try this. Thanks!!!

Mom always made this sort of thing but she baked spare ribs in the dish and probably cut up potatoes. I'm wishing NOW I'd paid attention to how she cooked not only this but lots of other things.

I am diffidently going to try this as it is so unusual but sounds like a keeper to me.

Thanks for all your very useful postings.