Recipes Using Sauerkraut

This is the best sandwich I ever had and I hadn't had a good one since my husband passed away. He did all the cooking and so the taste of this was a real treat for me.

Total Time: 5 minutes

Yield: 1 whole sandwich or two 1/2 sized sandwich

• 1 16 oz can Sauerkraut ($2.79)
  • Rye Bread ($4.50)
  • 1 pkg Provolone Cheese sliced ($1.99)
  • 1 pkg Swiss Cheese Sliced ($1.99)
  • Mustard ($2.99)
  • 1 stick Butter (1/2 cup) ($3.79)

1. Make sandwich from rye bread with both provolone and Swiss cheeses over sauerkraut with a light spreading of mustard.
  2. Grill in pan over medium heat until each side is golden brown and cheese is melted and gooey.
  3. Slice sandwich down the middle and enjoy while hot.

20 More Solutions

I had leftover sauerkraut, which I had no idea what to do with. I also had a leftover baked potato, so I decided to combine them into something completely new.

Sautéed Sauerkraut and Potatoes with salmon on plate

Hearty heart-warming comfort food. Can be cooked on the stove or in a slow-cooker. Serve with good rye bread. The secret of Bigos is that it gets better as it's reheated. The more it is heated the better it gets. Also a great make-ahead meal.

A plate of Polish Bigos

This is a very easy recipe. If you like sauerkraut, you should love this. In Nova Scotia, we have a locally made delicious sauerkraut which I use that is made on Tancook Island.

Follow the directions to make the dressing, using real chicken broth and real butter. Mix in the undrained sauerkraut and sprinkle with sugar to cut the tartness of the kraut. Mix in the onions, celery, and sprinkle with sage to taste.

This is a great soup that even most people who do not like sauerkraut will like!

This is a sauerkraut lovers' dream!

If you like sauerkraut, you'll love this salad. One of my sister in-law's favorites!

I'm not usually a fan of sauerkraut, but this is really very good! I like the combination of other ingredients. They blend well and make the taste of the sauerkraut not seem quite so strong.

Brown sausage slightly. Combine other ingredients, except cheese. Bake 2 hours or in crock pot 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high. The last 15 minutes add the cheese.

I have a 101 year old friend who passed this idea down to several generations. When she was a teenager, their basketball team got stranded in a snow storm in Iowa.

How do you make this?

By Bobbie

Answers

Go to Google and type in sauerkraut cake. Several sites come up with recipes for this. Sounds yummy. Good Luck and Happy New Year.

Answer this Question

I lost my recipe for making Sauerkraut Balls. It uses one can of SPAM and 1 can of corned beef in place of ham. Thank you.

By LINDA from Akron, OH

Answers

* Sauerkraut Balls*

1 med. onion, minced
2 tbsp. butter
1 c. ground cooked ham or 1 can Spam
1 c. ground corned beef
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1 tbsp. mustard
3 tbsp. minced parsley
2 c. sauerkraut
2/3 c. flour
1/2 c. beef stock or bouillon cube, dissolved in 1/2 cup of water
2 eggs, well beaten
1/2 c. bread crumbs
1/8 tsp. pepper

Sauté onions in butter, add ham, corned beef. Cook 5 minutes and stir often. Add garlic salt, mustard, parsley, pepper, sauerkraut, 1/2 cup flour, and beef stock. Mix well. Cook for 10 minutes. Spread out on platter to cool. Shape into small balls. Roll in flour, dip into eggs and roll in crumbs. Deep fry in hot fat at 375 degrees until golden brown.

SOURCE:
www.free-greetingcards.co.uk/all_spam_and_ham_recipes.htm

It seems to be the universal recipe as it's listed here as well:

www.recipegoat.com/.../Sauerkraut+Balls_247190
cookeatshare.com/.../sauerkraut-balls-3430
www.cooks.com/.../0,161,155160-243206,00.html

Answer this Question

This page contains sauerkraut casserole recipes. Make a delicious casserole using sauerkraut.

Sauerkraut Casserole

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Quick and easy stew. My entire family loves it. Brown ground beef and drain (do not rinse), add ranch beans, corn, salt and pepper, garlic power (to taste) and let simmer for about 20 minutes.

Great as a salad, fun on a hot dog, with mustard or as a side dish to pork or any meat.

Combine all ingredients. Store in refrigerator.

I must admit this is not a particular favorite of mine as I don't like sauerkraut, but my sister in-law loves it!

Load More
Food and Recipes Recipes Family FavoritesSeptember 5, 2012
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Recipes-Using-Sauerkraut.html