Here's another way to use the abundance of zucchini. I baked this in the toaster oven to keep the kitchen cool and not waste energy. The topping really makes this dish special, and it is easy to make.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch thick, at an angle
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves stripped from the stem, lightly chopped (I used dried)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brush 1 teaspoon olive oil on the bottom of an 8 by 8-inch baking dish. Arrange the slices of zucchini in the dish with an overlapping pattern in rows or a spiral in a pie dish. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.
- To make the topping: In a bowl, stir together the panko breadcrumbs, thyme, Parmesan cheese and season with a sprinkle of salt and a few grinds of pepper. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and stir until all the breadcrumbs are soaked with the yellow tint of the oil.
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over the dish.
- Bake until the top is golden brown; 30 to 35 minutes.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.