Baked Zucchini Recipes
There are a great number of different ways to prepare baked zucchini. This page offers some easy to prepare baked zucchini recipes.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Here's another way to use the abundance of zucchini. I baked this in the toaster oven to keep the kitchen cool and not waste energy. The topping really makes this dish special, and it is easy to make.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch thick, at an angle
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves stripped from the stem, lightly chopped (I used dried)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brush 1 teaspoon olive oil on the bottom of an 8 by 8-inch baking dish. Arrange the slices of zucchini in the dish with an overlapping pattern in rows or a spiral in a pie dish. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.
- To make the topping: In a bowl, stir together the panko breadcrumbs, thyme, Parmesan cheese and season with a sprinkle of salt and a few grinds of pepper. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and stir until all the breadcrumbs are soaked with the yellow tint of the oil.
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over the dish.
- Bake until the top is golden brown; 30 to 35 minutes.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.