Baked Zucchini Recipes
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
August 21, 2019
Here's another way to use the abundance of zucchini. I baked this in the toaster oven to keep the kitchen cool and not waste energy. The topping really makes this dish special, and it is easy to make.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch thick, at an angle
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves stripped from the stem, lightly chopped (I used dried)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brush 1 teaspoon olive oil on the bottom of an 8 by 8-inch baking dish. Arrange the slices of zucchini in the dish with an overlapping pattern in rows or a spiral in a pie dish. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.
- To make the topping: In a bowl, stir together the panko breadcrumbs, thyme, Parmesan cheese and season with a sprinkle of salt and a few grinds of pepper. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and stir until all the breadcrumbs are soaked with the yellow tint of the oil.
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over the dish.
- Bake until the top is golden brown; 30 to 35 minutes.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 5,887 Posts
October 21, 2012
Super easy to make and very tasty!Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.