This is one of my family's favorites.
Total Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
Yield: 1 large loaf
- 3-4 smashed up over ripe bananas
- 1 stick soft butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- Add the softened butter to the sugar. Beat until light. Add eggs and continue beating. Add smashed bananas and mix well.
- Add in milk and cinnamon. Beat well.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Beat well.
- If desired, you may add nuts and or raisins.
- Pour batter into greased and floured cake pan.
- Bake at 325 F for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a knife inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes then turn upside down on cooling rack until cool and removed from pan.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!