Finn's Favorite Banana Bread
This simple banana bread recipe is a great way to use up older bananas. My toddler loved it as much as I did.
Source: Based on a recipe from www.foodnetwork.com
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 overripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup walnut pieces, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- In a large bowl, cream eggs and sugar together.
- Mash the bananas and add to the sugar and egg mixture. Then add the vanilla, oil, and cinnamon. Stir together.
- Slowly add flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Fold in walnuts, if desired.
- Spray large loaf pan with non-stick spray. Pour in batter.
- Bake for 1 hour. If bread starts to brown too quickly loosely cover it with aluminum foil.
- Allow to cool before removing from the pan. Slice and serve. Enjoy!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!