Banana Peel For Plantar Warts

I had one on the ball of both feet. My girlfriend sent me this article out of the paper from a doctor out east. When I read it, I thought "who in their right minds would walk around with banana peels on their feet?" But I did. LOL

Take and cut a banana peel the size of the wart and put it skin side out, covering the wart. Completely cover with masking tape real good, then put on your socks and shoes. Change it every day and keep covered completely with the tape.

It took me a while to get used to walking on it. It felt sqooshy but it did the job. I did not think to write down the time limit. Never thought I'd be talking about it on the computer. Good luck.

By Donna from High Ridge, MO

Top Comment

At first, I thought the title was "Banana Peel For Plantain Warts"! hehe In other words, I thought that you were transplanting a banana skin onto a plantain whose skin was bruised. No kidding.

On a more serious note, my only concern is that having a moist and sugary banana skin in your shoe would encourage the growth of fungus and bacteria. This is of special concern for diabetics with small cuts on their feet.