Bathing a Cat with Fleas

I found it easiest to put 1/4 cup of original blue Dawn and fill the kitchen sink. Do the forehead, under the chin, and cheeks first. Try your best not to get it in the eyes, nose, mouth or ears. Then slowly introduce your cat to the water. Lather them up really good, keep the cat standing in the water, then rinse them thoroughly. Wrap them in a big towel and dry them well. You can comb them while in the water or after because the fleas will be dead. Dawn is truly an amazing product. Norman is a very happy boy even his skin feels better.

"It really works"!

You've got my vote! :) I will share this with my friends who have cats. One of their cats has fleas also, I know she will be excited to try this inexpensive alternative. Thanks.

Do not use Dawn or any other dish soap on dogs, puppies or cats. Vet says it is the wrong PH and will dry the skin and coat.

Dawn does work well however in the case where the cat is allergic to fleas, their skin is so dry and the degreaser in Dawn dries them more, try using Head and Shoulders, it kills the fleas, soothes the itchy skin, and softens them too.