Bean Dip Recipes

Bean dip and chips or veggies is a popular appetizer. This page contains bean dip recipes.

We love this dip for the holidays. You could make it year around. Great for family dinner or church dinners. Easy and so yummy!

• 1 large can refried beans
  • 1 -16 oz sour cream
  • 1 package taco seasoning
  • 1 package shredded taco or chedder cheese
  • 1 large bag tortilla chips, or can be used on favorite crackers

Directions:

Mix taco seasoning in with the sour cream. Add refried beans. Mix all ingredients (except cheese) When all ingredients are mixed, cover the top with the shredded cheese.

You can scoop some with the tortilla chips, or I like it on crackers. Hope you enjoy!

Source: My daughter-in-law, Missy

By dorothy wedenoja from New Creek, WV

• 1 lb. hamburger
  • 1 can refried beans
  • 2 Tbsp. minced onion
  • 2 Tbsp. taco sauce
  • 1/3 of 2 lb. pkg. Velveeta cheese

Directions:

Brown hamburger and drain; add other ingredients. Heat until cheese melts. Dip Doritos or use as filling for flour tortillas.

By Robin from Washington, IA

1 can of Fat Free Refried Beans
1 jar of Pace Picante Sauce

Directions:

Put the whole can of refried beans in a bowl and mash down to distribute them evenly in bowl. Pour some of the picante sauce over the beans. I use about 1/3 of the jar to make to the consistency I like. But you can use more of less to your preference. You can serve immediately or chill till ready to serve. You can also sprinkle with shredded cheese (any preference) and heat till cheese is melted. Serve with chips, cut veggies or serve over taco salad.

By Terri H.

Quick, easy and delicious. Tasty dip to serve with nachos or Fritos as an appetizer, or as a side dish for a Mexican meal. Easy to make with ingredients you can keep on hand for an "emergency" snack.

I always double the recipe because my guests, especially the guys, can polish off a single recipe within minutes after it's put out. I'm always asked to share the recipe, and it's so simple it doesn't even need to be written down.

*Salsa can be substituted for the picante sauce if you'd like.

Directions:

Heat beans and picante sauce until it's bubbly. Add cheese and heat until cheese melts. Serve with tortilla chips, nachos, or Fritos.

You may choose to heat the ingredients in the microwave oven. I have a smaller size crockpot which I like to use. If I'm short on time, I heat it in the microwave and then transfer it to the crockpot for keeping it warm. Place several bowls of nachos, etc. beside the crockpot and watch the guests flock to that area of the food table. It is good leftover in the refrigerator or frozen for the next party.

By Sandy Bass from Elon, NC

Beat soup and cream cheese together in bowl. Stir in ham, horseradish and mustard. Remove top and seed from pepper. Fill with dip. Chill in refrigerator until serving time. Serve with celery sticks and crackers.

Two recipes for Black Bean Dip

Clean and cull beans and soak overnight in water to cover. Drain and add fresh water, garlic, onions and salt. Boil until water is cooked down and beans are soft but not dry.

I love the bean dip made by Frito Lay but it's a bit pricey. I'm sure I could make a similar dip using refried beans as the base. Any ideas on what spices I would use?

DeeDee from MO

Answers

I make my own bean dip like this:

I can (15 oz) refried beans
2 T sour cream
2 T (or to taste) canned tomatoes with green chilies
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
chopped jalapenos (from jar or dried) to taste
salt and pepper to taste

Warm up in microwave or in a small saucepan.

This is also good in tortillas. Add lettuce, tomato, avocado slices, olives, etc for a quick and easy wrap sandwich.

By Leigh Ann (Guest Post)

Pampered Chef has a Southwest Seasoning that will make it nearly identical! It's much more economical as well. Email me if you'd like to order some...babe61531 at yahoo dot com.

By Linda (Guest Post)

Use refried beans (any flavor you like) and salsa to taste.

I would think something homemade and fresh would be better than the canned stuff; however what does a can of the Frito Lay bean dip cost? I was curious because a can of refried beans is gonna cost around a buck and then you have other ingredients too.

I'm not sure you are really saving a lot by making it but then I don't know how much that bean dip costs. We used to buy it occasionally but haven't in a long time.

By Renee (Guest Post)

Throw out all "recipes" for the bean dip! I discovered a fool proof, really tastes like the real F.Lay bean dip!

Use a can of BUSHS CHILI BEANS. The beans are in a mild sauce. Put the can in a food processor. Mix until smooth. Check for your salt level. I ad a couple of sprinkles only. If you want it spicy, add some jalapeño slices before blending.
Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. It is perfectly yummy! And oh so easy!

By Jeffrey (Guest Post)

Reading through these recipes because I was craving bean dip, I came-up my own recipe that is a DEAD RINGER for Frito-Lay Bean Dip (original). I can't believe it myself!!!

1 can of refried beans (I used Rosarita Traditional)

1-2 tsp.of Cholula® seasoning (Original)

1-2 tsp. Tapatio® hot sauce

pinch garlic powder

pinch salt

Combine all ingredients in a food processor (I used a hand-held device) until smooth. You can chill to bring the flavors together, but it tastes great right out of the bowl. It tastes exactly like the real thing!

Actually a can of the Frito Lay bean dip is outrageous, around 3 bucks for a 6 ish ounce can, sometimes more.