Recipe For Frito Lay Like Bean Dip?

I love the bean dip made by Frito Lay but it's a bit pricey. I'm sure I could make a similar dip using refried beans as the base. Any ideas on what spices I would use?

DeeDee from MO

I make my own bean dip like this:

I can (15 oz) refried beans
2 T sour cream
2 T (or to taste) canned tomatoes with green chilies
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
chopped jalapenos (from jar or dried) to taste
salt and pepper to taste

Warm up in microwave or in a small saucepan.

This is also good in tortillas. Add lettuce, tomato, avocado slices, olives, etc for a quick and easy wrap sandwich.

By Leigh Ann (Guest Post)

Pampered Chef has a Southwest Seasoning that will make it nearly identical! It's much more economical as well. Email me if you'd like to order some...babe61531 at yahoo dot com.

By Linda (Guest Post)

Use refried beans (any flavor you like) and salsa to taste.

I would think something homemade and fresh would be better than the canned stuff; however what does a can of the Frito Lay bean dip cost? I was curious because a can of refried beans is gonna cost around a buck and then you have other ingredients too.

I'm not sure you are really saving a lot by making it but then I don't know how much that bean dip costs. We used to buy it occasionally but haven't in a long time.

By Renee (Guest Post)

Throw out all "recipes" for the bean dip! I discovered a fool proof, really tastes like the real F.Lay bean dip!

Use a can of BUSHS CHILI BEANS. The beans are in a mild sauce. Put the can in a food processor. Mix until smooth. Check for your salt level. I ad a couple of sprinkles only. If you want it spicy, add some jalapeño slices before blending.
Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. It is perfectly yummy! And oh so easy!

By Jeffrey (Guest Post)

Reading through these recipes because I was craving bean dip, I came-up my own recipe that is a DEAD RINGER for Frito-Lay Bean Dip (original). I can't believe it myself!!!

1 can of refried beans (I used Rosarita Traditional)

1-2 tsp.of Cholula® seasoning (Original)

1-2 tsp. Tapatio® hot sauce

pinch garlic powder

pinch salt

Combine all ingredients in a food processor (I used a hand-held device) until smooth. You can chill to bring the flavors together, but it tastes great right out of the bowl. It tastes exactly like the real thing!

Actually a can of the Frito Lay bean dip is outrageous, around 3 bucks for a 6 ish ounce can, sometimes more.

Food and Recipes Recipes Copycat DipsNovember 21, 2007
🌻
😎
😷
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf25952394.tip.html