Beans and Rice Recipes
Beans and rice recipes are a staple in many households. They are often quick, easy, and inexpensive. This page contains beans and rice recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Quick and easy
- 4 cups instant rice
- 1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 cup shredded medium cheddar cheese
- lemon pepper
- seasoned salt
Make 4 cups of instant rice according to directions. Add undrained pinto beans, cheese, pepper, and seasoned salt. Stir and cook on low until the cheese is melted.
So good. Serve as a side dish. I like it with Tacos. Yummy and easy!
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
By dwedenoja from New Creek, WV
This is a quick and easy recipe that tastes great, even the kids love it, and it costs less than $10 to make! (It's also great for diabetics!)
- 2/3 cup rice
- 1 1/3 cups water
- non-stick cooking spray
- 3/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chilies (we use mild for the kids)
- 2 tsp. taco seasoning mix
Cook rice in 1 1/3 cups of water.
While rice cooks, coat a medium non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Over medium heat, cook onions until translucent, stir frequently. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Add rice, then serve.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 8-10 Minutes
By Tammy from Berea, KY
I make this a lot and in lots of different ways. It is a great staple and can either be made vegan or non-vegan, when used with actual meat or bone broth.
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 cup rice
- 1 can beans
- 1 can salsa
- Cook rice by putting 1 cup rice with 2 cups boiling water in pot. Boil water for 10 minutes then turn to simmer until the water evaporates. Rice will be very sticky.
- Open up 2 cans of any beans. Add to the pot with the rice and mix.
- Add a can of salsa and spices as well.
- Serve with avocado or anything else.
There are several ways to prepare this bean and rice dish. The variation of seasonings takes them for simple to a more Caribbean cuisine. Either way they are nutritious and good for you.
Substitute brown for the white rice and you move another bump up the healthy scale. This is a page containing black beans and rice recipes.
Beans and rice are a favorite duo in many delicious recipes. This page contains crockpot red beans and rice soup recipes.