Beans in Pita
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
September 22, 2021
Meat is getting really expensive, so here is a great alternative. I did the coriander and cumin version this time. Next time, I'll try the basil and marjoram.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 30 seconds
Total Time: 2 minutes, 30 seconds
Yield: 4-5 pitas
- 4 cups cooked garbanzo beans
- 2-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp coriander or basil
- 1 tsp cumin or marjoram
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 4 Tbsp lemon or orange juice
- Whole grain pita or other bread
- Mix and microwave ingredients for 30 seconds.
- Stuff into pita.
- If desired, use toppings like lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, yogurt or grated cheese.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.