Beets with Glazed Topping
These are beets with a sugar/cornstarch topping. The beet juice is saved and used as a base. Beets are good for keeping up heart health. Spenda can be substituted for the sugar in an equal amount.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 16 Ounce Can sliced or diced beets
- 2 Tbsp sugar or Splenda
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp vinegar
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- Take beets out of the can, saving 1/3 cup of the beet juice.
- In a saucepan, mix the sugar cornstarch and salt together.
- Stir in the beet juice and vinegar into above mixture.
- Cook, stirring, over medium high heat until thickened. There will be lots of bubbles in this mixture.
- Cook and stir two minutes more.
- Add beets and butter. Heat through.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.