Glazed Beets Recipes
Balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, or ginger, these are a few of the ingredients you can use to create an excellent glaze for fresh beets. This page contains glazed beets recipes.
Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.
These are beets with a sugar/cornstarch topping. The beet juice is saved and used as a base. Beets are good for keeping up heart health. Spenda can be substituted for the sugar in an equal amount.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 16 Ounce Can sliced or diced beets
- 2 Tbsp sugar or Splenda
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp vinegar
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- Take beets out of the can, saving 1/3 cup of the beet juice.
- In a saucepan, mix the sugar cornstarch and salt together.
- Stir in the beet juice and vinegar into above mixture.
- Cook, stirring, over medium high heat until thickened. There will be lots of bubbles in this mixture.
- Cook and stir two minutes more.
- Add beets and butter. Heat through.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.