Best Ever Lemon-Coconut Squares
This page is about best ever lemon-coconut squares
. A popular dessert that brings together the flavors of lemon and coconut in rich delicious squares.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
A sweet coconut twist on the ever popular lemon squares.
Total Time: 20 minutes prep time 50 minutes cooking time
Yield: Serves 24
Source: A little taken from a few recipes, the coconut and confectioners topping was my idea. Something different!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup melted butter
- 4 eggs, beaten with mixer
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 5/8 cup Real Lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sifting confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease (I spray oil) and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 2 cups of flour and 1 cup confectioners' sugar.
- Blend in melted butter.
- Press into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until golden.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with mixer until light.
- Combine the white sugar, baking powder, salt, and 1/4 cup of flour so there will be no flour lumps.
- Stir the sugar mixture into the eggs. Finally, stir in the lemon juice. Pour over the prepared crust and return to the oven.
- Bake for an additional 30-40 minutes or until bars are set.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Using a sifter, sift accross the squares with a light coating of confectioners' sugar and scatter a light coating of flake coconut. Then put in the broiler for 3-5 minutes, just to toast the coconut. Watch it carefully! Enjoy!
March 25, 20170 found this helpful