Best Foods to Eat After Tooth Extraction

What foods I can eat now after I have had my front teeth and my eye tooth pulled? I now have 10 teeth left. I need to know what is available for me to eat as I now have diarrhea from the lack of the right foods for me to eat. Just wanting to know.

By Doyle R. from Hot Springs, AR

For many years all I had to eat with was all broken off teeth and/or roots. I ate everything. When I got the money to have everything pulled and get dentures. Right after the extractions I ate baby food, mainly the fruits, because I thought the veggies and other stuff was gross.

You can eat anything that is soft, mashed potatoes, soups, hamburger, and to make that even softer, make it into meat balls or meat loaf. You should be able to eat bread, you could mix tuna, with some sweet relish and mayo and have tuna sandwiches. Before I had my teeth pulled, when they were all broken off, I was able to eat everything, just like normal, including popcorn.

Even now twenty plus years after getting dentures, I can eat almost anything I want including popcorn, with or without the dentures. The only things I can't eat are raw celery (if it is in a hot dish, it's OK), radishes, raw cauliflower and raw broccoli. Really you should be able to eat almost anything, that is cooked.

I don't think your diarrhea is caused by not eating the right foods, you might have picked up some kind of bug. Until your mouth heals, you probably won't be able to eat things like steak, roast, etc. Otherwise you should be able to eat almost anything.

Mashed cauliflower with cheese sauce