Eating After Tooth Extractions

Can I eat a week after having my teeth pulled?

You should be able to, but I would check with the dentist

I am concerned if you have not eaten in a week. Are you still having pain, bleeding? Shame on your dentist for not giving you clear directions. Please call their office ASAP and find out what their protocols are. If your dentist is not open, see if your insurance provider has a 24 hour nurse line and get their feedback. Be sure to tell them of any issues you are having, including swelling, pain, bleeding, redness, etc. No matter what, you need to stay hydrated so be sure to drink water at a temperature that you can tolerate (room temperature is what works best for me after any dental procedures, but that is just me. Post back what you learn. Sending up healing prayers!!!

You say "having my teeth pulled" - does that mean all your teeth getting ready for dentures? Or just several teeth?

I only ask because I cannot image a dentist not giving clear instructions on what was best to eat along with a future appointment date.

Generally it is best to eat soups and very soft food that will not get "caught" in any tiny crevice that may start some bleeding.

If you do not have an appointment in a couple of days then I would call their office on Monday and ask for specific instructions according to the type of work you had done as well as what is planned in the future.

In the meantime eat plenty of soft foods as well as soups and drink a lot of water and juices.